Dear Central School Families,
It is my pleasure to introduce you to Central School and its many available on-line resources! Central School is known for its warm and welcoming atmosphere. We are a diverse community committed to creating lifelong learners though the development of the arts, math, literacy, technology, and inquiry skills. This takes place in an child-centered environment built on social responsibility and respect.
The staff is committed to:
- encouraging intellectual curiosity and the love of learning
- promoting collaborative learning while encouraging the child's construction of knowledge
- providing opportunities for critical thinking
- promoting a safe environment that enables inquiry and risk taking
- celebrating diversity and respecting different learning styles
- nurturing the development of confidence, self-esteem and independence
- valuing and supporting interests and talents
- incorporating research-based best practices in order to foster professional growth and enhance learning
I invite you explore the rest of our web site including the on-line resources, the classroom pages, and news from our co-curricular teachers and support staff. I encourage you to visit this site frequently to read our weekly newsletter and updates from the office as well as individual teachers.